Team Rector for the Ouzel Valley Team Ministry and Vicar for All Saints’, Leighton Buzzard
The Bishop of St Albans wishes to appoint a
Team Rector for the Ouzel Valley Team Ministry and
Vicar for All Saints’, Leighton Buzzard
Leighton Buzzard is a thriving, rapidly expanding town with All Saints’ Church at the centre of town life. All Saints’ is home to one of the largest congregations in the Diocese and along with Linslade and a number of surrounding villages, it forms the Ouzel Valley Team Ministry. The worship pattern at All Saints’ is rich and varied. While the main service is in the modern catholic tradition, there is also an established Messy Mass and All Age Worship. Worship is supported by a strong musical tradition, and the church nurtures a close relationship with Pulford School.
We are looking for someone to:
- Help both All Saints and the Ouzel Valley Team to evolve as we meet the many challenges of the future, particularly as the town grows;
- Understand the community, assess what is required and using creative input, help us to reach elements of society not already embraced;
- Keep what is already good, fresh;
- Continue to use the Church as a resource to further our educational links.
- Enable and lead, with diplomacy and determination, the mission of the Team Churches;
- Help us to review and refresh the vision of “Team” collaboration across the Ouzel Valley Team.
We offer you a range of ministerial support outside the stipendiary clergy, a part-time head verger and an office manager/personal assistant.
Leighton Buzzard is a growing town in the west of Bedfordshire offering excellent rail links to London and the north, and road links via the M1. The town is well serviced by local amenities.
Enhanced DBS Disclosure is required
For more information or to apply, please contact:
The Venerable Paul Hughes, Archdeacon of Bedford, 17 Lansdowne Road,
Luton, LU3 1EE Tel: 01582 730722 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org