'Active' Youth Group
(A Club That Is Very Exciting)
Active Youth Group meet on the 1st and 3rd Sunday evenings of the month from 7.15pm – 8.45pm, during term time, for fun and friendship. Anyone who is 11 years or over is very welcome to join us. We have discussions, games, visitors, chat times, chapel and a lot more.
Active program for the Autumn Term:
- 20th January - Theme "Games Evening"
- 3rd February - Theme "Names" - Candlemas
- Half term 9th - 17th February - No active
- 3rd March - Pancake Party with Ash Wednesday/Lent/Holy week Talk
- 17th March - Theme "Parents" - Decorate a biscuit
- 31st March - Bowling 3pm (2.30pm meet at church)
- Easter Holidays 7th - 21st April - No active
- Bank Holiday 5th May - No active
- 19th May - Theme "Holy Spirit" - plus craft
- Half term 26th May - 2nd June - No active
- 16th June - Hot Chips and Walk to St Mary’s leaving church at 7.15pm. Parents to collect from St Mary’s at 9.00pm
- 7th July - Parish Rounders 12.30pm for 1pm start on Leighton Middles Field
- 13th July - BBQ at 4pm at The Grange in Hockliffe. Sign up for pudding or Salad in the choir vestry.
This is what our members enjoy most:
“You get crisps!” “Everything” “A friendly atmosphere”
“Immature adults and mature children” “You have a jolly good time”
“Talking about God is more fun than listening to sermons”
“We learn to analyse God’s word in a way that’s relevant”
“We do stuff in a Christian context without Bible bashing”
“We play games”
“It’s a great way to spend your Sunday night”
For more information please contact Lindsay Bevis, Head Verger.
Active Sleepover 2013